Thursday, January 2, 2014

The honest, first session brain dump

For 2014, I've set many challenges for myself...mentally. Everything is always in my mind. Not visible. Not noticeable. Not accountable. Just...on my mind. All. The. Time. This really takes up a LOT of brain real estate, brain power, wastes time thing about all these things constantly, reminding myself to remember them...again and again and again.

When I turned 30 last year, 2/3/13, I swore to myself 30 was going to be my year. Swore. 30. The year to change. The year to get motivated. The year to transform my life. The year to revolutionize my thinking, my self esteem, my attitude, my gratitude, my actions, my thoughts, my businesses, my life. Transform it for myself and therefore my family (and lots of other circles of people stemming from my life, the ripple effect, of course).

As 2014 approached closer and closer, I sunk deeper and deeper with regret, disappointment, self-beratement (mentally, of course, taking up all that much more power, energy, time...), and feelings of giving up. This played out in many areas of my life, some physically (most apparently in my Arbonne business, also home/office messiness constantly and not being able to find things), some mentally (SO much more disorganization, constantly forgetting things (NOT like me), setting a plan and not following it, etc etc etc).

But a day or two before 2014 began, I had the thought...though 2013 is over, my 30th year is not. Procrastination at it's finest (my specialty). [I have a self development book about procrastination on my docket.] Though we often set resolutions and plans with calendar year-to-year goals, I'd set my goal for my 30th year, and that is NOT over yet!!! I have 33 days until my birthday, and these days are going to set the tone, attitude, changes and successes for my next year.

Also, I think I'm going to have to make these postings about my goals, things I'm learning, recordings...public. As in, share to Facebook. Personally, these are MY goals and thoughts and things that I'm learning that are relevant to me and my experience...but they could be for other people out there, too (of course), PLUS...it would be a level of accountability (Facebook, really? lol). If I share it out to the world, then I feel more of a responsibility and commitment, sometimes to others more than myself (also something I need to work on).

Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment